Heather has a true passion for helping people improve their quality of life. She believes that when people learn to take care of their body, by eating the right food, in the right amounts & at the right time, they will feel better, live longer, are healthier and improve performance. Her love of speaking, traveling and meeting new people, led her to take her message on the road.
Heather’s education, professional & personal experiences, along with her expertise in weight management and sports nutrition make her uniquely qualified as a public speaker. As an active, busy mother of three children, she understands the challenges and barriers to “getting it all done.” Whether it is an educational lecture, lunch-n-learn or team talk, she uses personal experiences, stories and consumer friendly situations to educate her audience, help them identify barriers to success, and then motivate them to stop making excuses and start making changes.
Heather’s approach varies from one listener to the next. She understands that the way to motivate a teenage athlete is completely different than how to motivate a room of executives. Whatever your needs, she would enjoy the opportunity to speak, entertain and educate your group. From the nutrition basics to current hot topics, each presentation incorporates the most current, up-to-date research and information available. Please contact Heather for more information on booking her for your next event.
Topic Examples for Professionals and Professional Organizations
Starting in Private Practice, Sports Nutrition Topics (from supplements to weight management to optimizing meal plans), Fueling Young Athletes, Guiding Clients with Disordered Eating, Orthorexia, Nutrition Communications
Examples of Past Professional Organizations Presentations and Workshops
- The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics- “Think Before you Tweet.”
- Eating Disorders In Sports Conference- “When Healthy Eating Turns Harmful.”
- The Pittsburgh Dietetic Association- “Getting Started in Private Practice”
- New York Strength & Conditioning Association– “Eating for Health & Performance”
- Central Atlantic States Association Food and Drug Officials– “Where we are Headed with Menu Labeling”
- The Pennsylvania Dietetic Association– “From Tots to Teens: Feeding Our Youth Athletes”
- The New York Beef Council- “Using Nutrition Communications to Jumpstart your Career”
- The Pennsylvania Dietetic Association- “Using Social Media to Boost your Career”