Never worry about running out of taco seasoning again – keep your own spice blend on-hand, so you can make a last minute meal, even if you’re tight on time.
Who need’s store bought taco seasoning when you can make your own? Ok, busy parents might.
I’m definitely not against convenience, but making your own is just as easy. By keeping a few staple spices on-hand, you can make a quick taco meal in minutes.
All you need is chili powder, ground cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt and pepper. Combine all of these spices together and store in an air-tight container.
Homemade Taco Seasoning
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds, ground
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- Combine the spices together in a bowl and mix well. Transfer to an airtight jar for storage.Before each use, shake the jar well to combine the spices.
- Recipe makes 5 Tbsp of seasoning mix
- ~1 tsp = 1 taco
- For tacos, mix 2-3 Tbsp. seasoning per pound of protein. Combine with 2/3 cup water and simmer until water and spices are fully absorbed into the meat.
- 3 Tbsp. seasoning mix is equal to a 4 oz. packet of store bought seasoning mix.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? Tag @heathermangieri on Instagram and hashtag it #HeatherMangieriNutrition